Electronic Toolbox 6
THE reference app for professionals, engineers, HAMs and students
Electronic Toolbox combines electronic reference material with calculation and conversion tools in one handy app. Whether you are a professional or hobbyist, the app offers a collection of the most important electrical information right at your fingertips.
NEW VERSION 6 AVAILABLE Details about the new version can be found here .
- Type listings (with color coding) for Resistors and capacitors including SMT types
- Databases for Transistors, FETs, Triacs, Thyristors, Diodes, ICs, TTL, CMOS, Atmel and PIC controllers
- Calculating circuit values for Resistor, Capacitor, Inductor, NE555, Filter circuits and much more
- Unit conversion for numerous types of Measurements (pressure, energy, distance, speed, weight, etc.)
- A database for common electrical Symbols
- An Indices database of common electrical components
- Calculation of voltage regulators with 78xx,79xx,LM317 or LM337
- Op-amp circuit calculation
- Number base converter (Hex, decimal, binary etc.)
- Frequency, period wave-length calculation
- LED / resistor calculation
- Voltage divider calculation
- R/L calculations
- BJT calculations
- Schematic Diagrams
- Pinouts of Audio, Video, Computer or phone sockets
- Frequency generator
- SMT code database
- Tubes database
- IGBT database
- Reactance calculator
- Pi and T attenuator calculator
- IEC and ANSI cable length calculator
- 4″ Retina, iPhone,iPod,iPod Touch, iOS 5 to 6 support.
- Global Search across all tools and databases.
- New special keyboards for faster hexadecimal and numeric entries.
- Supports metric, imperial units as well as AWG, mils etc.
- Support for E-Series standard values across the whole app for resistors, capacitors and inductors.
- SMD Resistore and Inductor Code.
- Formulas for quick search for individual formulas.
- Bridge Rectifier.
- Toroid Winding.
- Transformer winding calculator.
- A Wire ampacity or Cable length calculation tool.
- A Delta / Star calculation tool.
- ARM Cortex controller database.
- ARDUINO Tool with datasheets, diagrams, images, language reference etc.
- And there is much more…
Electronic Toolbox is developed as Universal app and runs on all iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices. If your device has a Retina Display, even better. Then, the newly included vector images will look just great on your device.
OPTIMIZED FOR IPHONE 5, IPAD AND IPAD MINI
This app features Vector images, supports gesture control and a scrollable user interface. All of which improves the usability and presentation of the information this app has to offer especially when using one of the newer devices although it still runs on all devices running at least iOS 4.3.
PRO AND CLASSIC VERSION
As the pro version is optimized for newer devices, there is a classic version available that features the most important parts of the pro version but optimized for slower and older devices. For a comparison of the Pro and Classic version, just have a look here…
DATA UPDATE OVER THE AIR
Best of all, the App can still be used without Internet access since an Internet connection will only be used for the data update.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION AND FORMULAS
For the calculations, even the corresponding formulas will be displayed.
For this reason, this App is not only meant for electronic experts but also for students and people just staring with electronics.
ORGANIZER AND CUSTOMIZATION
As this app covers many subjects and functions, one could easily get lost. For this reason, the app offers many possibilities to adjust the app for your personal requirements. Here are some examples:
The app can be customized in many ways. The Organizer for instance will help to sort or arrange all tools according your needs.
- Rearrange / or hide tools by using the organizer
- Organize tools using folders
- If you don’t like the WP8 style Icons, no problem, just select one of the other styles, colors and backgrounds
- Disable the splash-screen
- Choose between list-view or icon-view
- For US users, select to use “E” for voltage and the dot (.) as decimal point
- And much more…
COMPARISON OF THE PRO AND CLASSIC VERSIONS
|Pro Version||Classic Version|
|Price||€ 5,99 / US$ 7,99||€ 3,99 / US$ 4,99|
|Optimized for||iPhone 4,4S,5,iPad 1,2,3,4,mini||iPhone 2,3G,3GS
and older iPod touch
|Minimum requirements||from iOS 5.1||from iOS 3.1.2|
|Runs on||All Devices up to iOS 6||All Devices up to iOS 6|
|Support||Unlimited – Free||Unlimited – Free
(But no more updates due to Apples
discontinued support of older devices)
|Number of tools||43||33|
|Proposed improvements||Many additional tools||Main focus on stability and usability on older devices|
|Data update “over-the-air”||Yes||No|
|Yes (sometimes English only)||No|
|Im- and Export||Yes||No|
|Link||visit App on the App Store…||visit App on the App Store…|
SEE WHAT THE PRESS WROTE
This page is also available in: German